I know, can you believe I am blogging today and it has nothing to do with the Royal Wedding? Please accept this adorable picture of Fergie in a fascinator as my apology:
I wanted to let my one faithful reader (hi mom!) know what is in store for Squish Delish Cats in the coming months. I will be embarking on a new personal career and making some changes to this website.
What is Next for Squish Delish Cats the Website?
Future Blog Entries
I am really excited to start writing again. I realize that this may be a purely selfish endeavor, as website traffic is slightly higher than that of a ghost town. The truth is I really enjoy writing and have found it useful to be able to point people to specific blogs when I am asked questions.
Here are some of the topics I would like to cover in what promises to be the better half of 2018. It is a wish list of sorts:
- A Message from the Paw Project veterinarians
- Cat behavior issues and how to solve them
- How to take amazing cat photos – Interview with Cat Photographer Erica Danger @ericalikescats
- Updates to the Definitive List of Cat Slang
- Part II of How to Train Your Human – Cat Communication
- Part III of coping with the loss of a cat companion featuring @morethantuna
- Disaster preparedness for cat guardians
- The great litter debate
- Tips for building an Instagram following
- Cat Health and Safety Tips
- Updates to my product review blogs about Cat Products and Cat Food, Toppers, and Treats
If you would like me to blog about a topic, please leave a comment or email me!
Cha Cha Cha Changes
I will be making some changes to streamline my blog posts so I can post more frequently. I would love your thoughts and feedback.
- One of my favorite parts of blogging is sharing your pictures and stories. I plan to continue doing this, but will no longer watermark the pictures or ask permission first before posting your cat’s picture. I promise to always properly attribute the photo (see below). If you would like me to remove the photo, just ask, no hard feelings I promise. I am aware that some photos and videos are trademarked and I would never want to step on anyone’s toes.
- I am someone who can spend days on editing and revising, but no more! I will be proofreading on the fly and accepting that mistakes will happen.
- I would like to re-work the home page to my website to more accurately reflect this website’s focus, which is the blog and information about cats, cat products, cat behavior, cat health, and so on. Ideas welcome!
- I am going to try and write shorter blogs more often, which means one topic may be covered over a series of blogs. I am pondering how to index my blog to make searching by topics as easy as possible.
- I will be re-vamping my review blogs. I will create an at-a-glance dashboard to replace the current cumbersome and wordy reviews.
New Year, New Me
I missed the New Year’s resolutions phase of the year, so bear with me. I finally have the time and opportunity to seek out a new career. My first choice would be a career as a Cat Behaviorist and I am looking into getting the education and experience I would need to earn that prestigious title. I remain open to the possibilities as long as my work benefits animals. Therefore, I am also keeping my eyes open for opportunities to lend my analytical skills to animal rescues and non-profits. I have over 15 years of experience as a researcher and performance analyst working for organizations like the Urban Institute in DC and the California Courts in San Francisco. Here is my LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/RuthMalaneeWhite. If you hear of anything, feel free to pass on my information and let me know!
Congratulations Harry and Meghan!