The Los Angeles Meowscars Party
In 2016, the CCLs (Crazy Cat Ladies of Instagram) and I got the brilliant idea of celebrating the Oscar’s / Academy Awards by throwing a cat lover party. We wore Meowscars worthy attire and consumed food and libations in large amounts. The Ladies of Purr partied late into the night, long after I ( (the hostess) had gone to bed! (Pictured below are @tidus1, @snootypuss, @b3zoo, and @stabbytabby).
Fergie stole the spotlight by smooching guests and and muggging for the camera. (Fergie gives @hussycats a kiss)
Even Duffy – the consummate introvert – had fun! (or at least his white whisker did)
Brandy aka @chicken_n_klink brought an abundance of potato tacos, and I discovered SnapChat. It turns out that Tabitha aka @stabbytabby is a dead ringer for David Bowie, and I make a slightly creepy yet adorable Robert Downey Jr:
This Year at the Acatemy Awards:
This year’s Acatemy Awards will be co-hosted on March 3rd by the indelible Tabitha, who keeps insisting she has a birthday in March despite the lack of evidence that she is actually aging. This year also marks a friend-a-versary for many of us who met in person three years ago, when I lived in Hollywood.
What’s more, March 3rd is Girl Day / the Doll Festival in Japan. “Hina Matsuri” celebrates happiness, growth, and good health for daughters across the country and any homage to Japanese culture is encouraged at this year’s Meowscars. Dōmo arigatō to Lisa from @bowltique for letting us know about Girl Day!
Meowscars’ guests can look forward to:
- Walking down the red carpet while the paparazzi snap pics for the tabloids (Shhhh, the paps are made of cardboard);
- Opportunities to take photographs of this year’s attendees, including the cats from @squishdelish, who are open to bribes (especially Ciao treats) in return for staring glumly into the camera.
- Popping bottles in the VIP room with Fergie and Duffy;
- Stuffing themselves with potato tacos, and other delicious entrees; and
- Awards for Best Dressed, Most Cattitude and a gift to the guy or one of the guys that shows up to make up for the estrogen overload.
If you live in LA, are part of the Cats of Instagram Community, and didn’t get an invite – this is probably due to my patented inability to remember anybody’s real name. Please contact me for party details if you would like to come.
Who’s On the List?
The elite of LA’s Cats of Instagram will be at the 2018 Meowscars. The following accounts have confirmed their attendance:
- stabbytabby (co-host)
- yohananddesmond from Best Friends LA:
- Kristi from
The following accounts have RSVP’d “Meowby”:
Look for a Meowscars 2018 Party Update Next Week!